Welcome to Protter — the open-source tool for interactive integration and visualization of annotated and predicted protein sequence features together with experimental proteomic evidence!
Version 1.0 released!
The code for the final version 1.0 has just been released, check it out at GitHub (https://github.com/ulo/Protter). A public instance of the Protter Server can be found at http://wlab.ethz.ch/protter/
How to install your own Protter server on Windows (XP or higher):
- make sur you have an up-to-date Java runtime enivronment
- download MiKTeX from http://miktex.org/download
- install MiKTeX using default settings and make sure to select "Yes" for the "Install missing packages on-the-fly" option during setup.
- download the complete Protter package from http://ulo.github.io/Protter/ and extract the archive to your local drive (e.g. "C:\Protter")
- double-click the extracted "protterServer.jar" file and open your browser at http://localhost:81/
- take a look at the "protter.config" file to configure the server to your enivronment
Protter manuscript published
A manuscript on Protter has been published in Bioinformatics, 2013: http://bioinformatics.oxfordjournals.org/content/early/2013/11/21/bioinformatics.btt607.long
If you have questions, encounter any error or bug, or have suggestions on how to improve Protter, please contribute to the Protter discussion group: https://groups.google.com/d/forum/protter
This projected is licensed under the terms of the GNU General Public License v3.0.